Last week we decided to list our house, officially, with a real estate agent. (Luckily that agent happens to be a good friend of ours, so it made this step a little easier.) While we were filling out the paper work for the listing she asked us what our favorite thing was about our house. D and I looked at each other a little dumbfounded. Favorite thing...just one? As we both went through our lists of the things we loved about our house, it struck me that we couldn't narrow it down to just one thing. The 2 years of renovations must have made it that much more endearing to us. Granted, those first years here were a little tough...
but somehow D and I made it through all the renovations and got a house that we both love!
After all the blood, sweat, and tears we are leaving this sweet house with all of our memories and lots and lots of pictures.
As for my favorite things, here's a short list:
1. The secluded side porch with a hedge of susanqua camillia and privet which overlooks a fish pond with a bubbling waterfall.
2. The azaleas of every color that dot the lawn with color the first months of Spring.
3. The openess that allows me to be in the kitchen and still part of everything else in the house.
4. The windows and sunshine that brighten my days even in the darkest months of winter.
5. My wonderful whirlpool bathtub (that has provided many hours of relaxation after the aforementioned renovations).
And last, but certainly not least...
6. All the wonderful neighbors who have so graciously accepted us into this community and made it truly feel like home.
We feel so blessed to have called Clinton( or as us locals say...Clinnon), SC our home for the past 5 five years. We are hopeful that our travels will bring us back to this neck of the woods someday after our WV adventure.