Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy Birthday

For Daniel's birthday we spent yesterday cross country skiing at Cooper's Rock outside of Morgantown. This was a completely new sport for me, but I willingly braved the cold and headed out on my rented skis.



After a little warm-up lesson in our neighborhood, I got the hang of it. A friend of ours described it as "just like walking, except more fluid." As I was learning the basics Daniel had it all figured out and liked to show off his skills from time to time. After all he was the pro since this was his third time out.


Surprisingly, after a couple of hours I was really enjoying myself and felt a lot braver. The problem was that I still hadn't quite mastered turning, stopping without falling, and going down hills. However, that didn't stop me from trying.

Oh well...falling in the snow is actually fun too so it didn't matter that I didn't know how to turn and stop.

Such a great way to spend a nice winter's day. And a very Happy Birthday to my sweet husband.

1 comment: