Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Menu

Since I am no longer employed and Da (I'm trying out this new nickname. "D" just didin't seem right since I always see David Cain when someone says D) is in WV, I have been home alone all weekend catching up with my back issues of Martha Stewart Living and Southern Living. After combing through each issue with a careful eye, I have decided that entertaining Da's family for the Memorial Day holiday will cure this itch I have to be Martha. Here's what's on the menu:

Eastside Cafe's (Austin, TX) Salsa with Blue Corn Chips
Fresh Peach and Arugula Salad with Garlic Vinagrette
Mustard Barbeque Chicken
Papa Tom's Famous Potato Salad
Broccoli Salad
Mimi's "P"-Slaw
Caramelized Onion and Cheesy Cornbread Muffins
Key Lime Cheescake

I am so thrilled to have the chance to spend the day with family and friends doing what I love the most...cooking! I only wish my own family were here to spend the day with us. I am looking forward to days when that may be possible!

In the meantime,  Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Enjoy time with friends and family and remember those who have died in our nation's service so that we can enjoy the freedom's of our life.

3 comments:

  1. What time we eating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I hope it all worked out and you enjoyed your holiday weekend.

    ~JCM

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you moving? Has D already started his work? Thinking about you....

    ReplyDelete