Thursday, June 10, 2010

Birthday Fun!

No birthday for me would be complete without a trip to my all time favorite place...Charleston. DH (Da didn't stick, turns out my sweet husband hated that nickname) and I loaded the car and headed down to the steamy Lowcountry for the day. Could it have been a more perfect birthday? Lunch at Poes, Spoleto festival downtown, King street shopping! So great.

My birthday celebration did not end on Friday, I got to have a birthday weekend. Saturday we spent the afternoon with DH's family for a special request birthday dinner: Cubed Steak with golden mushroom gravy, creamed corn, fried okra, speckled butter beans, homemade biscuits, and all topped off with a Strawberry Cream Cheese Birthday cake. YUM!! So much for my diet! All those extra calories were worth it since I got to spend the day with my two nieces and the rest of DH's family.




To end my weekend long birthday celebration, Megann made the trip from Al and arrived Monday morning! So wonderful to get to see her. Great birthday present!!


3 comments:

  1. I knew I should have worn my skirt...haha...cute picture though and I'm so glad I got to spend a few days with the Hanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had such a wonderful birthday! And I love the new nickname of DH - some of the bloggers I read use this in reference to their "darling husband," which I think is very fitting!

    - A

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! He is definitely a darling husband! Hope J passed on my thanks for the gift certificate. Can't wait to use it. Ya'll are so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete